Bupa Dental Corporation (BDC) is the largest dental network in Australia and New Zealand. Through our unique business approach, we partner with leading general and specialist dental practices.
Find out more by jumping to:
Our partnership model
Providing a comprehensive range of support services and growth assistance, our partnership model empowers dentists to focus on dentistry and patients. Our model allows dentists continue to lead and oversee the day-to-day operations of their clinics, while our corporate teams provide a range of back-office support.
- facilitates and expands high-quality dental services, helping communities access excellent dental care
- partners with a strategic mix of dental clinics. These clinics are operated by principal dentists who are highly experienced leaders in their field. Clinics are run with a good depth of management and experienced support staff, generating a consistent and growing patient flow.
- streamlines back office operations, enabling dentists to focus on dentistry rather than paperwork. BDC principals retain their clinical autonomy while gaining valuable best practice support in financial reporting, management, information services, human resources, accounts payable, marketing and more.
- supports our clinics to expand and grow, providing a dedicated, highly skilled operations team as consultative support in all areas.
- collaborates with like-minded dentists who share knowledge and experience within our group. This improves practitioners’ ability to learn from each other and expand their expertise in dentistry.
- provides ongoing professional development, investing in the delivery of industry-leading clinical training and practice management to our clinic staff.
We have three major objectives that drive our purpose as a business:
- to partner with leading dental practitioners
- to enable healthier, happier, longer lives by providing high-quality dental services to our communities
- to provide a safe, positive and productive work environment for all of our people.
Founded in 2007, BDC acquires and collaborates with quality dental clinics, helmed by experienced practitioners. Since its foundation, we have continually expanded and developed an array of support services.
We are Australia and New Zealand’s largest dental group, comprised of more than 220 clinics and over 800 dentists. In 2010, BDC was partially acquired by international healthcare group, Fortis Global Healthcare Pty Ltd. Fortis made further investments in May 2011, taking a controlling stake in the business by acquiring shares from existing shareholders, including dentists.
In May 2013, Dental Corporation became part of Bupa. This partnership gives us further strength and opportunity to expand our scope and provide dentistry to a larger number of patients. Together we can help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Bupa is an international health and care partner to more than 13 million people across 190 countries. Bupa operates almost 800 dental clinics across the UK, Spain, Chile, Hong Kong and Poland.
With no shareholders, Bupa reinvests its profits back into the business to deliver better products and services for its customers. For more information, visit www.bupa.com.